1. Have breakfast at Julius Meinl and Cafe Selmarie.
2. Go to the farmers' market in Lincoln Square, where I bought baskets of plums and blueberries, a bunch of green onions and some rather good-lookin' heirloom tomatoes. I bought the latter on the strength of the sign that proclaimed them as keeping well. I'm planning to make some kind of tomato salad tonight but need the others to keep well because I can't eat two pounds of tomato by myself.
3. Straighten out a lot of the closets and tossed a lot of crap. It felt good.
4. Changed the sheets and did laundry, though I still have two or three loads left.
5. Finished the OX's birth plan and sent it to our doula.
6. Found fun new food ideas for Z-bot, because one cannot live on fish sticks and Kraft American singles alone.
7. Sorted out the library and pulled books to donate to The Newberry Library. Its annual book fair is my new favorite thing about Chicago.
8. Finally went to the post office to send off a book return to amazon.com.
9. Cook dinner for la familia.
10. Uploaded ten cds to my iPod.
All in all, a very productive use of time, if I do say so myself.