- Food: thick pureed hot soups, slow cooker goodness, stews, hot apple cider, leftover Thanksgiving turkey, roasted root vegetables, pears cooked in butter and brown sugar, and pumpkin rocks
- Clothes: sweaters and boots. jeans tucked into boots. long sleeves. layers. scarfs.
- Flannel sheets
- More opportunities to swathe oneself in blankets
- And while swathed in blankets, reading
- Kids getting all excited about Halloween
- Eating the kids' Halloween candy. (don't judge. you do it too)
- How good cold air smells and feels
- Hot chocolate, which technically goes under food but really deserves a special spot on the list
- Leaves changing colors
Saturday, September 18, 2010
September 23rd is 2010's first day of fall. It's my favorite season hands down. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because now I can present the list of good better best things about fall.