I've got it in my head that my next off-the-beaten-track excursion should be to Montreal and Quebec City. Many good reasons to travel there exist for these destinations:
1. I've never been to Canada.
2. Chicago is not far from these cities - a two+ hour flight.
3. I can pretend I'm in France.
4. The subway system in Montreal seems efficient and a good way to get around.
5. I need to get more stamps in my passport.
6. It's not terribly expensive overall. Unless I choose to make it so.
7. It would be a recon mission to explore the possibilities of dual citizenship in case I need to flee the US.
I should take a crash course in traveler's French just for fun. If nothing else, learning the correct pronunciation of various words will make it easier to order something with, say, beurre blanc sauce at a schmancy restaurant.
Oh babe! I'm sorry to tell you that you do not get a stamp in your passport going to Canada! I know, awful, isn't it? I was so dissapointed when I didn't get one driving to Montreal. Anyway, I LOVE reading your blog. Please post more when you get a chance!
Post a Comment